Some of our favourite albums are live recordings – and some of the most challenging and interesting mastering projects are also recorded live. In this episode we discuss:
- The most common problems with live sound, and
- The mastering rules you’re allowed to break to solve them
- What is the “ideal” live recording ?
- How restoration tools can be useful for mastering live sound
- Techniques for mastering live classical music
- How to preserve the most important aspect of any live recording in mastering