A Q&A episode with a twist – we recorded it live, with questions arriving all the time we were recording. We’ve added them all to the list for future episodes – here are the ones we had time to tackle this time:
- How has mastering changed over Ian’s career, and where is it going next ?
- Is there somewhere out there with reference tracks for mixing and mastering ?
- Are there any tips for avoiding the trap of “mastering with your eyes” ?
- Should you use compression when mastering classical music ? If so, when ?
- Why you shouldn’t make master everything at -14 LUFS for online streaming
- Is absolute polarity audible ? Does it matter ?
- Is “AI” mastering like iZotope Ozone 8 any good ?
TMS #27 – Mastering for games
Playlists of Ian’s masters on Spotify and Pinterest
How loud should you master your music online ?
YouTube normalization – stats for nerds !
This episode is sponsored by the Home Mastering Masterclass. If you enjoy The Mastering Show, take a look !