We’ve all heard it – “the music is in the mid-range”. But what does that mean, exactly ? And if it’s true, is there anything we can do about it in mastering ?
We’ve talked about bass and high frequencies, but in this show we dive into the muddy, murky mess that is (often) the mid-range, and talk about how crucial it is for a great-sounding master.
- How the mids help us hear bass
- Common problems with the mid-range, and what causes them
- How to open up cluttered mids in mastering
- Our least favourite mid-range frequencies
- Mids versus dynamics
- The importance of linear phase EQ for the mids
TMS #55 – How bright is too bright ? Mastering top end
TMS #53 – Fear of bass
Leapwing Audio CenterOne
reFuse Software Lowender
Too Much 4k ?