…comes great responsibility. And mastering engineers need to accept that.
If you take on the challenge of mastering someone’s music, you also accept a huge amount of responsibility for that music, and In this episode we tackle the question – what are the responsibilities of a mastering engineer – and even the ethics ?
- Should a mastering engineer have a “signature sound” ?
- Why the “B” word is at the heart of mastering – in many different ways
- Something you should probably never do
- How to supply files – for CD, online and vinyl pressing
- Ensuring transfer integrity online
- The golden rule of mastering
TMS #37 – Does gear matter ? And if so, how much ?
TMS #50 – Mastering on headphones ? (Glenn Schick interview)
TMS #45 – Jonathan Wyner
TMS #23 – Balance (or, how to master an album)