And if gear DOES matter, does it define your sound ? And how ? In this episode we’re joined by Mike Hillier to talk about the significance of gear in mastering.
- Is a wide selection of gear essential to success in mastering (and mixing) ?
- What are the “essential” pieces of gear we just couldn’t live without ?
- If two pieces of gear can be made to sound almost identical, does that mean there’s no worthwhile difference ?
- Is that even a question worth asking ?
- Do mastering engineers have a “sound” ? What defines it ?
- How does your gear shape your “sound” ?