Everybody wants their music to sound loud. But does it need to be loud in order to sound loud ? What does that mean ?
Well, it takes us about 30 minutes to really nail the answer to that question in this Dynamic Range Day themed episode, but we get there eventually – and we cover some pretty interesting ground along the way !
- How to make things sound loud without making them (much) louder
- The trick of balancing loud and quiet songs against each other
- When to turn things down
- What is “loudness potential” ?
- How to get the right balance of loudness before mastering
- The most common loudness issue Ian faces when mastering, and
- The 100% successful strategy he uses to solve it