As you know, we think normalization is a Good Thing. But many people disagree. And often that’s because it’s not perfect yet – not by a long shot. In this episode we explain some of the quirks, bugs and problems of normalization in action, and how they can cause unexpected results when you’re trying to optimise your music for listening online.
Along the way we discuss:
- Four really normal normalization mix-ups
- How NOT to test normalisation on Spotify
- Where to find YouTube’s actual normalization values
- Why broadcast levels won’t work on YouTube
- Whether we’re actually on the payroll for Big Normalization