This show is short & sweet – but essential listening if you’re interested in getting better results with online loudness – and balanced, musical dynamics for your masters.
In this episode Ian describes:
- How he increased playback loudness on Spotify by 3.3 dB for a song by reducing it’s overall loudness by 1.5 dB, and why it sounded better afterwards
- What to do if your song gets turned down more than you expect online
- Why you have to be careful with contrast on Spotify
- How reducing dynamics can make your music sound more dynamic
- Why musical decisions work better than technical ones